Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Simple Boken

This is just a single-curved-edge training sword for use in martial arts. Very basic, but I did include some extra bevels along the back edge to represent more closely those found on a katana, in case the practitioner in question wants to keep those and their functions in mind during practice.

If I'm bein honest, I threw this thing together in a big hurry and without any degree of perfectionism, so the blade on this one is a little uneven... But the handle is small and easily manipulable, and as with most of the things I make for myself, I sanded it up real nice, so no worry of splinters. Until it gets some SPARRING ACTION and gets banged up, of course...

I wrapped the handle of this one in some blue woven strapping, but I think I'm more fond of baseball bat grip tape, honestly. Still experimenting with that, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment